Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Take your grilling FLAVOR to the next level




I need to take MY grilling to the next level! I recently found out that I have severe hypertension and that I have to follow a low fat, low sodium diet. For many, this would mean sacrificing flavor, but I refuse to give in to the same thinking. I love food and I’m just learning how to cook. It’s just unfair!


Despite my protest; I didn’t really have any other choice but to heed my doctor’s advice so I started searching for recipes that will suit my new diet. I found out that grilling is the best cooking method to use in order to avoid fat. This is good news because I am a big fan of anything grilled. Aside from reducing or completely removing salt and soy sauce from my marinades; there seemed to be no other challenge in grilling my own food— or so I thought.


Eating grilled food while everyone else is enjoying fried chicken and adobo is not fun. It would have been nice to see our entire family eat the same food even just for a day! Unfortunately, my partner and daughter seem to favor fried over grilled (probably because my grilled food is not as flavorful as their fried), but I intend to change that! How? It should be as easy as 1-2-3.


Learn Better Grilling
I started with grilling by grilling! Ideally, I would have started by knowing the basics. It's never too late to try to  know the basics and find out what I have been doing wrong though. And what’s a better way to learn how to grill other than to watch and taste errr learn? This is exactly the experience McCormick is bound to share to participants of its event, McCormick Grill Nation, on April 7, 2013 at Bonifacio High Street, Lane O cor. 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. I am particularly interested in the cooking demos and sampling of different grilled meats, but their lined up games, live entertainment and freebies sound exciting, too. Interested to join? Let them know on Facebook.


 
 
 
Spice Things Up
Since I can’t have too much salt or soy sauce in my marinades; I have learned to use spices to make my grilled meat tasty but not salty. I use onion, garlic, paprika and cumin powder in lemon/calamansi/pineapple juice as a rub on chicken breast fillets most of the time. When it feels right; I also add Thyme and lots of ground black pepper. Considering the refusal of my family to try my grilled meat; I believe it's high time I use McCormick Grill Mates Pepper Steak to spice things up.




Recipe for Marinade: Form a paste using Garlic, Onion, Paprika, Cumin Powder and Lemon/Calamansi/Pineapple Juice then rub on towel dried Chicken Breast Fillets



Each pack of McCormick Grill Mates Seasoning Mixes (Pepper Steak, Hickory Smoked, Cajun, Steak a la Pobre, and Korean BBQ) gives you a wonderful blend of authentic McCormick herbs and spices. And since McCormick is really the flavor expert; I am sure that the spices in this seasoning mix are top quality, fresh and aromatic— a perfect marinade for Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet or Chicken Kebabs sans the hassle of flavor guesswork!



Taste Test
I plan to grill chicken on my next weekend cooking using McCormick Grill Mates Pepper Steak! I'll make sure to prepare Bunch and Isha a meal that they will be crazy to deny!

Its promise: Spice up your grilled beef or pork with McCormick Pepper Steak Seasoning Mix.  Made with pepper and garlic bits, it will surely give your grilled meats a flavor boost.


And since garlic and pepper are both good for people with hypertension; I can probably take a quick break from my low sodium diet to enjoy Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet/ Chicken Kebabs with my family ^_* .









No comments:

Post a Comment